Sunday, July 20, 2008

Meet our new horse Leila!



Yes, I finally have my horse! She is a rescue, which means free! She was orginally owned by people that had bought her for their 6 year old daughter 4 years ago. About a year ago their daughter lost interest in riding. So, the horse sat and was eating up lots of $$. Through a mutual friend they up out the word of "free to a good home". Unfortunately when we all went to look at the horse she was under weight, about 200lbs, and was scratched up because they had her in a pen that was full of 8" in diameter pine trees. That night we took her to my neighbors house who has 2 horses and is now her new home!

We have had her for a week and already I can tell she is going to be an awesome horse. She has been trained in dressage(supposedly 4th level), is 1/8 quarter horse and 7/8 thoroughbred, and is just the sweetest thing ever. As you may have gathered from the title, her name is Leila, which means Dark haired beauty in Arabic. Her new friend in named Foxy, and they already seem to get along!

4 comments:

Mikey said...

Congrats on the horsey!

Anonymous said...

Very good!

Anonymous said...

Very rich and interesting articles, good BLOG!

Anonymous said...

It seems my language skills need to be strengthened, because I totally can not read your information, but I think this is a good BLOG