Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Lent me tell you...

   January 2009 our last blog entry.  Looking back I realized that I was pregnant and had a new puppy. 2nd time I had done that too myself!  Well 5 years later, Liam is a bubbly little boy and our puppy is 100lbs, and we have moved form Colorado, to Pennsylvania,  and now to Tennessee.  I can't even begin to summarize our lives over those thousands of miles. So I'm not going to.  I'm going to start with today because really, that's all I have anyway.

    This morning Sonja was looking at her calendar and asked what Ash Wednesday was.  This turned into an hour long conversation.  Of course the question came up about what as a family we would fast from for Lent.  We, well mostly me, have decided that it will be TV.

    Yes, now that your jaw is off the floor let me explain my reasoning for taking away the electronic babysitter.  1st, we watch more then I want to admit in any public forum. 2nd, I've realized that when Myself, Ron, or any of the children are treating each other poorly it takes place quite often around the TV.  (If anyone out there can explain the physics behind a 4 year old's head blocking the entirety of a 46" screen you will surly win some sort of prize from me.)

   Here are the ground rules:
1. No TV show watching. Except Sunday's
2. Video games on the TV are OK.  (Video games are actually a bonding time in our family. Geek blood runs in our veins)
3. No one is allowed to condemn the other.  If you watch TV that is between you and the Lord.

So there it is.  Pray for us. =)


No comments: