Tuesday, January 08, 2008

If you haven't heard already

My time (and the team) at the Missile Defense Agency will end on Jan 18th. But no worries! I'm currently interviewing with several great companies, and should be employed by the end of the month.

Everyone (including my wife) have expected me to 'freak out', but I have not. Not that I'm not concerned, or maybe a little stressed, but to completely lose it would be the worse thing for me (or anyone of us that I'm sure will go through this at one time or another). The only way to better yourself is through change, whether that change is initiated by you does not matter. So I see this opportunity to change as a good thing, to improve myself, my family, my life. So don't fear change!

I'll keep everyone posted.

4 comments:

Mikey said...

I still say move back here...but then I'm just being selfish. LOL

Ron Fabela said...

Wouldn't give up life out here =P

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to read such a positive message Ron. Your right to say most folks would freak out.I for one can appreciate how difficult it is to keep a positive attitude at a time like this. I came close to losing it when I was let go by the State of Maine after 17.5yrs of service. Keep your chin up, I know things will work out for you. Lets face it your a talented guy and your skills are in demand.
Dad Robbins.

Ron Fabela said...

Thanks, I really appreciate that!

It's hard sometimes to vocalize how I'm feeling about this. Whenever you tell someone who doesn't know, they react like you just told them you ran over their dog. At first I wondered if maybe I should be more concerned, but I realized that I have set up all the pieces, now I just need God to make some openings.